Feb 19, 2010

1 Piece.

First of all, I'm not that much of an otaku - I don't usually compare anything that happens irl with some scene from anime or movie that I watched.
Fiction and reality is completely a different subject. Too bad science logic existed and act as border between it.

I really don't mind if you hate things that I like, I got nothing to lose whatsoever.
Not like I got richer when their book sells. Just my personal opinion, and you could always disagree with me.


With recent plot seeing the death of Ace, I decided to use this pic.

One Piece.
The most epic shonen/adventure storyline ever after Dragonball.
You can see how the creator actually did some homework when making it.
There's a loads of word pun, pirating info, knowledge and principle in OP.
Fascinating character development and personal flashback for each main character.
Intriguing plot twist, not least retarded at all. In comparison to Naruto, which one of the major villains (Itachi) is actually a tragic hero and banished from the manga forever, making reading value drops like 70% for mature readers.

OP main character total ATM - 9. All of them have their own story.
Naruto - 3 aite. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. Where the heck Sakura come from ? Who's that sob mother? Saaad.

Let's compare it to Bleach. I quit reading years ago and the last arc that I read, they're saving Orihime from those espadas. Not worth my loading time just to read 3-4 big panels per page, or a big panel having some so-called epic moment on the whole page. What, out of idea to catch the deadline much? And oh, all the girls with their G cup. Fail +1 for desperate fanservices. Have fun fapping guys.

Now, costumes. For every arc in One Piece, they wears different attributes. Naruto, Bleach? That same ol' orange and black shirt. Wonder if they had like 50 same pattern clothes stacked up in their unseen drawer? Or changing cloth is just a myth for shonen manga? Don't even have the time to recreate different costumes eh? Pity. I'm the reader, I pay to read your work, and I deserve to complaint.

Moving on to art. As an art student, I learned that perfect figure drawing is not necessarily appropriate to resemble a good art. For perfect figure drawing, I'd rather read Air Gear or Ichigo 100%, even. What I'm trying to say is - OP full of weirdos. Some not even appears human, even if they are. Their character appearances surely match their names, behavior, personalities, and sometimes their way of talking/ laughing. Great tone usage to describe the mood, and fabulous perspective choice.

Fell free to call me OP fanboy, but I know a good story when I read one.

Quit watching TV3 for anime ! ROFL.

No comments: